Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Taylor Swift in Claremont

Photo courtesy of Pomona College
I often tell people that I should have named this blog "My Life in Claremont" since my original intent was to write about my little life, and since I live in Claremont, that popped into the title. Sometimes, though, I branch out to talk about things that pertain to the city, and not necessarily to me. This is one such post.

The college community and town have been all abuzz about the fact that HMC won a contest in which Taylor Swift would come perform and give the music department $10,000. You can read about how this came about in this blog post written by an HMC student. 

I had one friend ask me if I had an "in" to getting tickets, and I tried to get one for a student of mine who is a huge fan, but I pull no such weight and knew of no strings to tug, so I ended up ticketless. I did hear about other people who managed to get tickets, and one of these days I will probably find out more about the concert. 

No comments: