Having raised our girls and lived in Claremont for over 25 years, it has been fun to see our daughters' friends and peers grow up and become their own people. There's nothing like Christmas to see all these young adults come home (if they aren't here already) and to check in with them.
This weekend I talked to friends whose daughter I knew as a child who is now a new mother herself. I will soon be attending a wedding of a friend who I've known since he was 4. Two of my daughters' very good friends are living in Claremont and singing in the women's choir at church with me. I spoke tonight with one young woman who is in her second year of a PhD program in chemistry and her brother who is living in France doing physics research. Etc.
In church this morning we were treated to the singing of Devon Guthrie, who I've known since her childhood. She is a recent graduate of Julliard and is now a professional opera singer who is happy to be back in Claremont with her family for the holidays.
No comments:
Post a Comment