This afternoon I am preparing for book club at our house tonight. This involves not only cleaning and making sure I have the food I want, but also rereading parts of the book.
Do you find that you remember a book you've read, but forgot the ending? I certainly do. Tonight we will be discussing The Barbarian Nurseries by Hector Tobar which I read a few months ago. I remember much of the plot, but when one of the book club members emailed me to say that she wanted me to discuss the ending, I realized I needed to remember what exactly happened. I remember that I was satisfied by the outcome, but could not recall anything specific.
I have also chosen this book for my other book club which when we meet in March, so I have hopes that with two discussions, I will have a good and complete memory of this great read.
No comments:
Post a Comment