Monday, January 7, 2013

Up and Running in the New Year

Today was the first day of school in 2013 for the CUSD. After two weeks off, it is always a little shock to the system to get back into the routine. However, this time of year is very sweet. Kids are generally in the groove, but since they've had a break, they are not worn out and I think they are generally happy to be back with their friends. Some even like the structure, but don't tell them that.

I really enjoyed all my classes today, although with the very first group we played a game where we had to sing louder and softer for the game hot and cold, and we had to sing very loudly at times to make sure the guesser could figure out where the hidden button was. My voice was a little strained after that class, but it slowly came back for the next 4.

I am working on presenting a lesson for teachers (music and classroom) next month, and I'm using the second graders as guinea pigs, and so far, what I envision is working. I'll spread the lesson over three weeks, in order to let the information sink in for the kids. This gets shortened to one 45-minute presentation for the teachers.

So, it was a good day, but now I'm tired...

No comments: