If you were at the Claremont Village West Plaza yesterday around 4:00, you would have seen a large gathering of people (many clad in green for St. Paddy's), many schoolchildren milling about. Then you would have heard them sing the old jazz standard, Sing, Sing, Sing!
This event was spearheaded by Ken Corhan of CEF and Donna Marie Minano, music teacher at Sumner/Danbury and Mountain View, meant to raise community awareness that CEF funds music and art education in the K-6 schools in Claremont. I don't know exactly how many students showed up, but I think there were at least 100, probably more.
Donna Marie giving instructions at the Metrolink Parking Lot before the trek over to the Plaza.
Ken Corhan giving out release forms to parents.
Students singing.




2 comments:
Does the girl in white, bottom pic, look like someone we know?
I'm wondering whom you mean - me or my oldest daughter?
Post a Comment