I understand why people in Arizona and Hawai'i and other places do not partake in Daylight Savings. I am just glad that here in Claremont we change our clocks twice a year. I'm also rather glad that it starts earlier than it used to. Now that I am older and my sleep is directly affected by sunlight, if daylight savings didn't start until April, the sun rose so early in March that I would wake up way before I wanted to.
I also savor the light in the early evenings. Here it is 5:00, and I know we are going to have daylight for nearly two more hours, and for that I gladly give up one hour of this day. It doesn't hurt that it is almost warm and very sunny out today which lifts my spirits.
Sure, it may take me anywhere from 3-5 days to completely adjust to a new time, but I never complain about those kinds of things when I travel to different time zones. It's just a small price to pay for something that I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment