Friday, October 29, 2010

CHS Homecoming - 2010


Here are some scenes from today's Homecoming Parade. The theme was Bright Lights and Broadway Nights. The seniors' float was Grease, the juniors' was Wicked, the sophomores' was (well I think it was 42nd St), and the freshmen float was Phantom of the Opera.
I watched the parade at the end of my street with three neighbor children - Samantha, Owen and Elliott. They were happy to get a piece of candy thrown at them (one for each). After the parade, Elliott asked me if I was going to decorate my house. I told him, no. He said, "Not even a pumpkin that isn't carved?" Nope. But I did tell him I was going to a Halloween party instead. He was sure that it wouldn't be cake, because I would be sad if everyone else at the party had bags of candy and I didn't.
The boys had each gotten a UNICEF box and were busy asking anyone they could see for contributions for children who need help and medicine. They didn't know just exactly where these children are, but they were sure that UNICEF knows. They also didn't know just where UNICEF is, but they know that their school does.

No comments: