Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gardener / Leaf - Blower

While we were on sabbatical in Chicago, our beloved gardener, Arturo, developed health problems and cut way back on his clientele. That meant us. He had some people he knew take over our property, but then those people crashed into our garage door and then drove off. (The issue was resolved - they paid for the parts and we fixed the door.) We decided that we would take care of the yard ourselves. That has lasted 2 1/2 years.

It takes me about 1 hour to get all the leaves raked, especially during the fall, and then I don't do a very thorough job. I started thinking that I would love to hire someone to blow and rake leaves for us, especially from November - December.

Today that someone showed up. I am so thankful that he can clear all the leaves in less than 30 minutes and leave me with clean sidewalks, and I'm sure he's glad for the extra work. If all continues to go well, I will have him come twice a month during the rest of the year. We will manage to take care of trimming and other gardening which is less demanding.

No comments: