Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friday's New Recipe

So, I tried out two new recipes last week. Tuesday I posted about wanting to use cilantro and finding a recipe that way.

Friday I still had cilantro which led me to this recipe - Chipotle Black Bean and Yam Stew. I put yam in the search engine, along with cilantro, and this one sounded great to me. I want to put more yams into my recipes. I've had a hard time getting my family to like yams since they hate the traditional Thanksgiving-type brown sugar and marshmallow goo yams.

This recipe has that chipotle kick along with my favorite cilantro in the cabbage topping. I put it over quinoa, like the recipe said, and it was filling and delicious. I didn't use chipotle powder, but one chile with a little of the adobo sauce (one can of those chiles goes a long way), and found that it was not too hot at all.

No comments: