Thursday, December 8, 2011

Awesome Sushi

Blue Moon brew
Awesome Roll
I don't think I've posted about our favorite Sushi place, which is not in Claremont.  A few summers ago on our way out of Long Beach airport, daughter C yelped us a place for dinner and came up with Awesome Sushi which is at the south end of the airport.  The awesomeness resides in this non-descript building which sits next to some kind of car repair place (smogging, tires? I don't remember).  Certainly I would not stop in based on the curb appeal.  However, the name is apt - the sushi delicious, the staff friendly.  We like to sit at the bar and chat with the sushi chef and watch sports on the tv.                                 After Thanksgiving we took the opportunity for another visit here when taking L and C to the Long Beach airport for their return trip.
Red Spider Roll

2 comments:

Bec said...

Any local recommendations for sushi? We haven't tried anywhere out since we moved here and when I ask around, noone has much of an opinion :)

Charlotte said...

In Claremont we like Hayato Sushi on Foothill in the Supercuts strip mall.