Sunday, December 4, 2011

Kogi in Claremont

Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from Rosemary telling me that the Kogi truck was up at the high school.  She didn't know how long they would be there, but she had read about our infatuation with the Korean BBQ tacos and burritos and had just bought herself a number one (I think that is three tacos).  We had just had lunch, but without dinner plans in sight, we knew that Rosemary had provided the menu.

While we loved having the truck so close to our house (without needing to drive on a freeway) and NO line when we arrived, it was a different kind of experience for us.  Part of the joy of Kogi, I think, is waiting in line with friends, anticipating the spicy, mouthwatering fare, and then sitting on the grass near the truck and eating the food hot.  (I'm not really complaining, though.  It had been awhile since I've had a spicy pork burrito, and it was delicious.)

This was a fundraiser for something at the high school, but it did not have nearly the publicity that the last food truck extravaganza did.  If I had known about this ahead of time, I would have told our friends to meet us there for a Kogi party.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

So glad you all got there! I did like the food and was so glad that I had read about it on your blog. Like you, I heard about the CHS Class of 2013 fundraiser, but had not heard about the food trucks until someone posted the info on Facebook. I could go for a "food truck fair" every week! :-)