Thursday, March 15, 2012

Armchair Travel with Food

We often categorize our travels into various categories.  For example, last summer we considered our time in Eugene, Oregon to be the "food" part of our trip (and, of course, family), and the Glacier National Park part to be the "pretty" part of the trip (although Eugene is also quite lovely) which mean that we didn't expect to find great cuisine.

Having recently started reading some Calvin Trillin, I picked up Travels with Alice, and it has made me long for some "food" trips - anywhere!  In this book, Trillin writes about various locales - many in Europe - with his wife and daughters.  Aside from some diversions into babyfoot (known to us as foosball) and something about bulls and swimming pools, much of this travelogue focuses on food.   I am ready to go to France and Italy, and back to New York, too!

1 comment:

Elly Wiebe said...

I'd skip Great Britain if you want good food!