When I woke up and checked Facebook, I was not surprised to see so many posts about what people had already done - kids with presents, stockings, etc. Now that we have no one in our family under the age of 24, we can take a very leisurely approach to the day. H and I went to the gym and saw about 2 people the whole time. By the time we had returned and showered, it was time for C and B to arrive with muffins, and by 11:30 we had finally managed to open the stocking and gifts as well as have a nice Skype chat with L and C in Oregon.
It was time, then, to have a light lunch of cheese from the Cheese Cave and other delightful nibbles, and then we were not hungry, so we put off working on the turkey to later. We chatted with the family in Iowa, played some Words with Friends, heard that our Colorado family had been stricken with intestinal flu and were lying low for the day.
One thing we enjoyed about the day were looking at old photos from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Here are a few gems from Christmases past.
Santa brought me a new 50 mm lens for my camera, so I had fun taking pictures of the food. C and B really worked on the turkey, hacking at it to "butterfly" it, and when it was all done (in just a few hours), it was quite delicious.
All in all, I was just happy to have a relaxed day with people I love so very much.



1 comment:
What a perfect day! Merry Christmas to all of you and Happy New Year!
Post a Comment