Last night I figured out how I wanted to use some of my birthday money (thanks, Mom and Dad!). I got my friend Lynn to accompany me to Claremont Craft Ales where Otterspace Arts had a painting class. They hold these classes at CCA once a month on Wednesday evenings, and yesterday's class used Picasso's Blue Nude for inspiration.
The teachers walk you through the painting step-by-step, making the process very easy, but mostly really fun. I've looked at the photos on their website, and often people's pictures look pretty similar to each other's, but this painting allowed for many individual interpretations. I think I was inspired by the Fauvists in mine. Lynn's reminded me of the German Expressionists.
I particularly enjoyed doing something completely different than I usually do. I would certainly do this again, and I would encourage anyone to give it a try.
Here is a series of pictures of my work in progress (I liked having the word "bonkers" behind the photos).






No comments:
Post a Comment