Monday, July 1, 2013

Internet / Phone / Cable Issues

No photos in today's post. I had planned to write about the Iowa State Capitol building, but technology is not on my side today.

For a little while I had noticed that our television would occasionally pixilate, and then yesterday when I turned it on, the picture was frozen. I changed channels, and there was only a black screen to be had. H said I should check the phone and internet, and, sure enough, both were not working. We called Time Warner on our cell phone (thank goodness for cell phones!) and after walking us through a variety of options, we convinced the company that we need to have someone come fix the problem here. Then H went outside and where the cable comes into the house looks as though it had a little fire, or mini-explosion because there is black stuff on the siding.

So, on the occasion that I can come to Honnold (the colleges library) and check email (with my laptop which does not have my photos), we are without internet. It is quite an experience. I find myself wanting to look something up, and realizing that it will just have to wait. I also realized that I have my calendar on google calendar and was trying to remember just which students are coming today (the summer lesson schedule is more sporadic than the school year), so I just took a screen shot of my week's activities. I can at least do work on my computer that doesn't require internet.

Let's see if I get more read today....

No comments: