Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Radiolab


My go-to listening on my iPod for working out or walking has been NPR's podcast: Most-Emailed Stories. For some reason, they have not put up a new podcast since June 26, which leads me to wonder if they are going to continue or not. If they aren't going to do this podcast anymore, I have to find other podcasts. Well, I do listen to Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me (only once a week) and the Piano Puzzler (also once a week and only 6 minutes long).

A few months ago my daughter altered me to a Radiolab episode on tempos in Beethoven's music. I decided to check out more Radiolab episodes and listened to them on Saturday during my Wilderness Trail hike. Pretty good stuff. I am now a podcast subscriber. This won't replace the news that I am looking for, but the segments are pretty interesting (the ones I listened to were about moments of true bliss, ants - which are more fascinating that you might imagine, the nature of the universe, and cicadas).

1 comment:

Bec said...

I like Radio Lab! My ipod has been broken for 6 months or more and I'm way behind on podcasts. The Moth ones are also pretty good and, of course, This American Life.