Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Double-Apple and Brussels Sprout Slaw

I am anticipating Thanksgiving in a new way this year. Now that I visit Pinterest every day (mostly for music teaching ideas), I find myself following my daughter's Thanksgiving board where she has pinned ideas of what we will make next week. I was excited about this Double-Apple and Brussels Sprouts Slaw that I saw on her board, and I thought I'd give it a test run before the big day. So I made it for book club, and it was pretty good, so I think it will be a go. Even with the ginger grated into it, it's still a little bit sweet.

The recipe says that it takes 30 minutes to make, but it took me longer what with shredding the brussels sprouts as will as peeling and coring and julienning the apples. Other than that, it's pretty easy.

No comments: