We should know better than to try to find a parking spot at the Claremont Wilderness Trail, especially on the weekend, so after looking at the crowds, we drove over to the Thompson Creek Trail parking lot on Indian Hill this morning to hike Sycamore Canyon. I
blogged in August that I had not really found a map online, but there
is one at the parking lot. I was pretty sure I could get us to the trailhead, but was not totally sure how to get back to the car, so I asked H to bring along his GPS. Turns out the GPS wasn't totally necessary since we found the Thompson Creek Trail at the end of the hike by the Girl Scout place, but the information that the little box gave us was informative and fun.
 |
| Official Map at the parking lot |
 |
| Topo map |
 |
| View along the way - a little hazy today |
 |
| Uploaded from the GPS, this is our route including a slight little wrong turn that lead to a dead end. |
 |
| Information about our hike, including the 5 minutes of non-moving time. |
No comments:
Post a Comment