For 28 years we have driven by La Paloma Mexican Food on Foothill and have never gone in. Perhaps it was because of the bars on the windows, but really, I think it was because it reminds me (on the outside) of a Mexican restaurant I worked in one summer that I did not like.
Then I talked to one of my friends and she told me how much she really, really liked the food there, and so I put it on my list to try. Last weekend after we made our massive Goodwill drop-off, we started heading towards Mauricio's in Glendora, but we passed La Paloma and decided to give it a go.
It was very dark inside, but our eyes adjusted quickly. The service was friendly and timely and I decided on the chicken mole. H chose the baja fish tacos. The portions are large and we took home half and finished it off for dinner. The mole was very good with just the right amount of beans and rice. Apparently the fish tacos, though large in portion, lacked much flavor (although H did not add the bland tartar sauce that accompanied it).
I will remember to ask my friend what it is she enjoys so much there, and we will give it a second look.

No comments:
Post a Comment