Sunday, December 8, 2013

Book Lovers Sale

Today I told H, "It seems that even though I always try to get rid of things, it seems as though I can always buy more books." He answered, "That's one transgression I will grant you." So, yeah. (And truthfully, there are plenty of books which go through the revolving door of my house. In and then out to a friend, or a donation, or to paperbackswap.com.) 

It's December, and that means too many fun things to do, even on a rainy Saturday. First thing on my list yesterday was to get to the Claremont Library Book Lovers Sale. This is not to be confused with the  bi-annual sale where you can get a book for a buck. This one caters to discerning reader with better quality/more "expensive" type of books. 

I particularly enjoyed this section in the corner of the library - the Plain Brown Wrapper Collection. Just click on the photo for a closer view of the scandalous titles. 


Here are books for the young and young-at-heart.


Coffee table books for the art lover.


Travel, anyone?


But here, this was my treasure of the day. Now I don't have to ask you to give me your copy, Dad! It was a deal for only $8 (after using my $2 off credit for being a member of the Friends of the Claremont Library). (I had seen a copy in Vancouver, BC over a year ago for $15, and I passed it up then.)


No comments: