Thursday, December 12, 2013

Joyful Voices

I think I am nearly done blogging about last weekend. Just in time for another December weekend to start! It certainly is that time of year….

Our women's choir at church had our first annual Christmas party. I thought it should be simple, so I suggested that everyone bring their family, an appetizer and a bottle of liquid refreshment, and then I asked one of our members if she'd let us come to her lovely house. Normally I might not write about just a party where we all had a lovely time chatting with each other (because we really don't have enough time to do that during practices….).

However, what was the most fun part was the singing. It was suggested that since we were in a house with a piano and people who enjoy singing, that we sing some Christmas songs. I was elected to play the piano, which shows how hard up we all were, and I played along, as many notes as I could. Some were right, most were wrong, but the singing was not deterred by my fingers, and it proved to me, yet again, how singing with a group of people is so good for our spirits and souls. The wine probably didn't hurt, either….

No comments: