Sunday, December 15, 2013

Shoes That Fit

Some traditions are meant to last only so long before they lose their meaning. It would appear that our annual White Elephant Exchange in our church group has gone that way, and last night, instead of bringing gifts for each other at our annual Christmas party, we all brought shoes and socks for that great program Shoes That Fit. I always thought that this was a local organization, having seen the cards with children's shoe sizes hanging on bulletin boards int the Claremont Village. The website says otherwise. We did not have any particular children to shop for, but we all brought shoes and socks in a variety of sizes and styles that I am sure will find a good home. I, for one, thought that this was a far better idea than the White Elephant Exchange, and I hope this, or something similar, continues every year now.

No comments: