In conversation recently, I heard the adage, "It happened for a reason." I have said that before. You know, when something bad happens, but something good comes along that might not have happened if that bad thing had not occurred.
This implies that some force (God, karma, etc.) controls destiny. I know that many people believe that. It is hard for me to believe that the Divinity controls events on earth. Why would God allow all these terrible things to happen, or worse yet, make them happen? Even for a reason?
The idea that works for my mind is this: events happen, and if we seek whatever internal/external guidance that is available to us (e.g. listening to that voice, channeling the Divine, whatever way you want to think of it) we can move forward in whatever direction works.
That made me think of a quote. A quote from me. I have never written a quote before. Here it is:
"I don’t think that things happen for a reason. I think that we make reason out of things that happen."
No comments:
Post a Comment