Saturday, May 10, 2014

Watching My Speed

Sometime this year, this traffic-calming device was installed on College Ave. at the corner of Green and College right at Oakmont Outdoor School. It's easy to pick up speed after crossing the train tracks because of the downhill slope. Every time I drive by, I try to keep it to 24 mph or so, because if you are over 25 mph, this sign says "SLOW DOWN".  That is, I try to keep it under 25 unless I'm riding my bike. I've gotten up to 16 mph on two wheels.  Now, there is a corresponding sign on the other side of College, and when I'm riding my bike, the fastest I've been clocked at was 9 mph, and that was the day I was in a real hurry. Usually I'm about 6 mph puffing up the hill.

1 comment:

Dad said...

"traffic-calming device"
That's good. That's very good. In fact it's excellent.