Sunday, May 4, 2014

Looking forward to Monday

It's the kind of weekend that makes me glad that I can start the work week again tomorrow. Not that it wasn't a fun weekend, but I'm really tired.

Saturday: 8 hours involved in a board meeting. 90 minutes driving to Palm Desert, 90 minutes driving home, the rest in a meeting. The meeting was fine, and lunch was included, and I enjoy the company of the people on the board, but that much driving and that much meeting in one day almost did me in.

More Saturday: Played in a concert. This always takes more energy than one would suppose. It appears as though we are sitting on stage for 90 minutes, and we are. But we are thinking, thinking, and concentrating very hard. Oh, and moving our arms around a lot.

Sunday: Choir rehearsal, church, repeat the concert. Cleaned parts of the house that needed it the most. Yes, Monday should bring a calmer order to my day.

No comments: