Monday, May 19, 2014

Temecula

In April we renewed our friendship with Lynne and Dick who live in Carlsbad. The easiest way to get together with them is to find a middle-ground place to meet, and food is in the picture.  Last time we met in a Dim Sum restaurant.  Because they know their food, we took them up on their Indian restaurant recommendation in  Temecula. Before we headed to the restaurant, though, we had to stop at the Temecula Olive Oil Company where we had a 15-minute olive oil and vinegars tasting. 


All these years here, and driving up and down the 15 on numerous occasions, and I'd never stopped in Temecula. We enjoyed walking up and down the cute street with shops and restaurants, and lots of loud people before we headed to Mantra Indian Cuisine. I ordered the vegetarian meal which comes with two curries, a samosa, rice, naan. All for $13. That was enough food for me to enjoy the next day for lunch, and I have to say that is some of the very best Indian food I've eaten. The best palak paneer. 

Looking on the website, I see that there is a location in Corona, so we may have to try that one out.

No comments: