- Game shows on TV: We enjoyed watching the Italian versions of Wheel of Fortune and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Especially with Millionaire, we had Claire help us with some of the language, and occasionally we got an answer right!
- Driving in Italy: I was warned that Italians drive like maniacs, but I found the roadways no worse than LA traffic, and probably a little better than Boston driving. With the exception of Rome, we heard very few car horns.
- I must learn how to make really good spaghetti. I never realized how much it can be an art form.
- The most important words you can learn in any language are "please" and "thank you."
- Eat some gelato every day.
- I wonder if all B & Bs are "self-help." After checking in, we never saw our hosts, nor signs that they entered our room. That was fine by me, but surprising.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Further and Random Thoughts on Italy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment