The Forum could take quite a few hours to complete, including a walk up to Palatine Hill. So much to see, so much to wonder about. Before we got too famished, we took a long walk to the Travestere District (Rome's Bohemia) to find a little recommended restaurant. The food was only okay, the service not pleasant. I guess the wandering through that part of town was the highlight of that break.
On the way to the Colosseum, we ran into the museum which is running a special exhibit of Giotto works. Giotto is one of Claire's favorite artists, so handed her museum fare and headed to the Colosseum since she'd already been there in January. We planned to meet up in front of the Parthenon at the given time.
The Colosseum was all that I imagined, and I happily took lots of pictures. We met up with Claire at 5:00, but the Pantheon was closed again, this time for services. So we never got to go in.
Our final night included a bread and cheese picnic in the hotel with our final gelato cones for dessert.
No comments:
Post a Comment