Once inside the museum (your ticket gets you into all the museums), you are completely blown away by all the art there. Hordes of people keep pushing you through as you see rooms and rooms of sculptures, tapestries, art, etc. Signs keep pointing the way to the Sistine Chapel, and we were swept away with the tide of people toward the destination. I'm not sure how long it took, but we finally made it into the chapel, which was not at all what I imagined. It felt more like a vault with an amazingly high ceiling.
Of course, you could see the famous picture of Adam and God reaching towards each other, right in the middle of the ceiling, but every inch of the chapel is covered with art. We were supposed to be quiet and not take pictures, and the guards kept telling us that in about four languages, but people were paying no mind to the orders. I didn't take photos, and besides, they wouldn't have turned out very well, anyway. We must have staying in the crowded room for about 15 minutes before we felt we could move on.
We worked our way back to the hotel for a little nap before we struck out for the most delicious spaghetti dinner I have ever had, and I think it was my favorite meal during the trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment