Saturday, March 7, 2009

iPod Battery

I've had my 5th generation 30-gig video iPod for almost 3 years now, and this morning when I turned it on, it didn't. The battery had given out, despite the fact that it had been charging in my speakers for several hours at school yesterday. Hal says that 3 years is a good life for a battery. So I ordered one online including tools to open the iPod. The website also offers a how-to video. I will enlist Hal's services to see if he can make my indispensible tool work again!

I use my iPod every day. Not only do I listen to NPR podcasts when I work out or take a walk, but I use it in my music teaching. We often listen to a piece of Classical music. Yesterday in first grade we compared loud and soft sections of the Toreador Song from Carmen. Sometimes we move to Classical music to learn form, or for self-expression, or to tell a story. In beginning strings we listen to the accompaniment to the easy songs to keep a steady beat. In recorders I have lots of accompaniment to maintain a steady tempo, too.

No comments: