Saturday, November 5, 2011

Linkedin

So, I joined LinkedIn a month or so ago, and various friends of mine have connected to me through this site.  I originally signed up because our Orff Chapter wants to start using social networking sites to connect with people.  Since I am not searching for a job, I find that I have not used this site except to accept connections from friends.  I have set up a page on Facebook for our Inland Counties Chapter of the American Orff Schulwerk Association (ICCAOSA) which has gotten a small amount of traffic at this point.  Anyone out there find their Linkedin account useful?

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

No, but I decided to try it after hearing about it via various media. It will be interesting to see if I find it of value in that it enables me to do something that isn't possible through other already established links.

Empoprises said...

For me, LinkedIn has been especially useful in keeping up with people in my industry (biometrics), both via the connections to people in the industry (co-workers, competitors, consultants, etc.) and via the groups devoted to the topic.

I'm also trying to use it to make more connections in the Inland Empire (again, primarily via groups that are focused on the Inland Empire).