This morning I looked at my lesson plans for 2nd grade, and saw Turkey in the Straw dance. I had no idea what the dance was, but I knew I had the music for it, so I looked for a dance on youtube. I thought I could get some ideas, but then I found this video and it was perfect (it was even the version of the song that I had a recording of).
So, I worked hard with both 2nd grade classes on do-si-do and peel the banana, and we all had lots and lots of fun. After Thanksgiving I will have to dust off the Jingle Bells dance....

1 comment:
Those both sound like so much fun! No doubt the kids had fun learning how to do-si-do. That can be challenging! Butch and I learned to square dance in the 5th grade and always had fun. The girls all had dresses that were the same pattern but different colors of the same fabric. The same was true for the guys. What a fun memory you have brought to mind!
Post a Comment