Thursday, November 22, 2012

I Like Pie

Ever since I saw the sign I Like Pie in the Village West Plaza over six months ago, I have been waiting for it to open. It is finally open, and, this being Thanksgiving, I wanted to try it out. I had heard on Facebook that the Pumpkin Cream Cheese pie was really good, so that seemed like it would be perfect for the Thanksgiving table.

I arrived in the early afternoon yesterday, and this is the sign that greeted me. Pretty much anything pumpkin was long gone. So, I decided that Holiday Pear with Cran and Orange would be a good second (and only) choice.

First of all, these pies are individual pie cups, not what you think of as a pie in an 8 or 9-inch round tin. Second of all - pricey. Each of these little cups is, well, it's hard to say. I thought that the sign inside said $4.50 each, but the checkout slip said 1 pie - $5.00, 3 pies - $13.50. There was also a mention that I had requested a box (see second photo), so it seems that it might be the reason for the 50-cent higher price of the first pie. No mention anywhere that it costs extra to have a box.

It seems to me that this place needs to get its business act figured out, and perhaps realize that the cost of the pies is pretty high for the serving size (although I think it is the perfect amount of dessert). So, that being said, along with a little ice cream on the side and a little reheating, these little cups of pastry are very tasty. I just won't pop in very often for one.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my readers!



No comments: