I am a Sunday School aide this session (which means I am a second adult in the room and help take care of little things, like making sure the kids are signed in and out, serving snack, helping with various tasks, but not lesson planning or teaching), and yesterday's lesson was about Joshua and the battle of Jericho. The teacher of the 2nd and 3rd grade class built this replica of the Jericho walls and had the kids reenact the story by walking around the city walls the requisite number of times. Do you know how many times that was?
I'll tell you. It was once a day for 6 days in silence, and then on the 7th day, they blew their trumpets and walked around the city 7 times (for a grand total of 13) until the walls fell. The kids played on their kazoos and then helped with a minor earthquake to knock the city down. They might remember this story in the future...



No comments:
Post a Comment