Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Packaging

When I swapped my music room with H's study in the summer, it did not occur to me that the two little wall sconces would not be adequate light for reading music when it was dark outside. On days when I teach my private students, it is now dark for the 4:30 lesson, and that sent me right to the internet to see what kind of floor lamps would be good.

I found a great lamp for cheap at Target and found that it was only available online, so I ordered it. It came right away, but it took me a good 15 minutes to free it from the styrofoam packaging, and then I needed to take the vacuum to a 3-foot radius around the box to catch all the free-floating bits.

Here is what the packaging looked like mid-unpacking.


Here is the finished product (which now does have lightbulbs).


No comments: