A while ago, while walking through the colleges, I noticed this relief of an old telephone on the outside of a building. I decided to take a picture of it. As I kept passing by this telephone several times a week, I thought, "I wonder how many people have noticed this?" Then, "I wonder what other things around the campuses are unique or interesting that people may not have seen, even when walking past?"
I thought I would create a little scavenger hunt. People could go to this photo album here and walk through the colleges looking for the items in the photos. For interaction sake, after people would find these items, they could take their own photo of each one and post them online in their own photo album. Better yet, people could create their own scavenger hunt.
Here are some of my observations:
- I did not do this in one day. No one should feel they have to. This could be an ongoing mini-project.
- Pomona, Scripps and Pitzer campuses have so many interesting things to photograph that I had to limit the pictures I put on the site for those schools.
- CMC has a complete dearth of interesting things to see (I had never paid much attention to how ugly that campus is - sorry to you folks at CMC - but really, you need some art, or something interesting for the eye).
- Some of these items are easy to find - some are hard.
- All items are outside, so you don't need to rely on a door being unlocked.
Have fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment