Sunday, July 22, 2012

S'more Singing

Right now, I am told, I smell like a campfire. Yet, we have not been camping this weekend. Tonight we went to our first annual (?) S'more Singing at church which I helped organize. We took our fire pit, my guitar, fixings for s'mores, songbooks, etc. and about 20 people from the age of infant to well-into-retirement types, came for marshmallow toasting and singing around the fire. We started out with a song list, but pretty soon people were calling out requests, and we decided that instead of looking up the specific chords to every song, we'd just sing in D Major, and when all was sung and done, it was a good 30 minutes past the time we said we would end, and we had to pack up our stuff in the dark.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Glad it went well and sorry to have missed it!