The Annual Plum Post
Not too many plums on the tree this year. Not very much plum splat. No plum jam or chutney.
I thought I'd try a new recipe and found something called Plum Clafoutis - no dough which seemed very simple. Of course, the hard part is "quarter the plums". Anyone know a good way to cleanly get those darn pits out? I marinated the rather squished plums with lemon juice, then cooked over low flame in butter sprinkled with a little sugar and cinnamon. I don't think this is what is was supposed to look like, but plums over vanilla ice cream wasn't all bad.




1 comment:
Okay, I knew I wasn't going crazy. I have never seen so little plums on my tree than this year! What I noticed in early spring this year was that the birds were eating the tiny buds that become plums. I have never seen so many birds do this. I blamed that on why I've had so little plums. But I see you too didn't have a huge harvest... Hmm.
Post a Comment