Thursday, April 19, 2012

No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency

About 10 days ago, I found out that the thirteenth installment of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency book had just been released.  I immediately logged into the LA Co. Library website to place myself on what I was sure was a long, long waiting list.  Nope!  It was really short, and within less than a week I got the happy email that a copy was waiting at the Claremont branch for me.

Because these books are like a little chocolate dessert for me and can be consumed easily, I finished this one in a few days and decided to be nice to the next people on the waiting list and return it earlier than the 3-week due date.

Although I tried the Sunday Philosopher's Club by McCall Smith, I didn't like the first book, but I see where he has a number of other series out now, so I might just try another one.  The Portuguese Irregular Verbs series has an intriguing title....

1 comment:

Judy said...

So funny - I saw this book advertised somewhere and thought that it must not be new because I hadn't read about it on your blog.