Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Etsy Shopping

I've known about Etsy (the website where you can buy handcrafted items) for a while now. My cousin has an Etsy shop called Prairie Path Wool where she sells items made from upcycled wool. Right now she has some adorable chickens in her shop. 

I finally got an Etsy account because I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for in the stores. This week I have gotten the my first two items - a barrette and a business card holder. I like the fact that I am buying directly from a small business owner. I also like the items since they are distinctive.




Day 4 - Clutter Cleanse: Speaking of shopping online, recently I bought a small glockenspiel to use at school and it came with a whole bag full of Kindermusik books (used worksheets included!), and I'm pretty sure I won't be using those in class, so those will first be offered to my Music Together teacher friend, or they may just end up in the Goodwill donation pile.

The irony of buying and then getting rid of stuff in this post is not lost on me. However, the item I'm offloading today is many times larger than than these two small items....

No comments: