Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mission 4/1 Earth: 50 Great Days

This morning in church we heard about the UCC mission to be actively engaged in being good to the environment for the 50 days between Easter and Pentecost. Apparently you can log on and count your participation in three different goals: 1) 1 Million Hours of engaged earth care, including clean up, advocacy, and education (does this blog post count?) 2) 100,000 trees planted 3) 100,000 letters of environmental advocacy written and sent to elected officials and media.

This got me to thinking that I should really revisit my idea to compost. I've thought about it off and on, but it seems a little daunting to me. Just how will I compost? How can I make it easy enough that I will actively compost every day? I certainly have plenty of food scraps from dinner and lunch prep that we could eventually use in our garden. Maybe over this week (CUSD spring break!) I will carve out a little time to plan what I should do.

* * *
Day 7 - Clutter Cleanse: While sitting in line for gas today, I went through the glove box and found all the old, expired paperwork (car registration and insurance, tire receipts). Shredded!

No comments: