Monday, April 15, 2013

Ump Stuff

Many years ago I told H that he should get a hobby so that he would have something to do when he retires so he wouldn't have to "devote his life to" me. He took that advice to heart and took up softball umpiring. This hobby has developed from little girl rec ball to NCAA softball. And by developed, I mean that the amount of gear required has expanded. Here is a little peek into the car last weekend as I went along on the road trip from Occidental College on Friday to California Lutheran on Saturday. This meant four games.

This is the second and much better rolling duffle bag that carries quite a bit of stuff. 


All umpires seem to have a rack for hanging various shirts and pants. 


Must have water to drink, and a spray bottle of water to wash off the dust from shoes after each game. Not pictured are the two pairs of shoes (one for behind the plate, one for the bases) and the folding chair used for between games.


* * *

Day 15 - Clutter Cleanse: Today I am shredding a whole folder of past string student registrations. Why did I hang on to them?

No comments: