Now, book club will be discussing this book, so I thought it would be a good idea if I actually did read it, and spring break gave me the time to do so. I finished the last 75 pages this afternoon while watching H umpire a softball game at Occidental College.
Parts of the book I did enjoy - the writing for one. McEwan knows his craft (I particularly enjoyed Atonement and Saturday), at least his style and character development or descriptions. However, I like a tight novel where nothing is there that doesn't add to the story, and I wonder what the whole trip to Norway was all about. It did seem to go on a bit there, as it did in other parts. I'm glad I read it, and we should have a good discussion about it, but it won't get a star from me.
* * *
Day 12 - Clutter Cleanse: I went through the two pencil holders in the house and threw out a handful of pens that don't work or don't work very well.

No comments:
Post a Comment