Thursday, April 18, 2013

Winter to Spring

My mom sent me this photo taken in Fort Collins two days ago - in APRIL. Spring is having a hard time coming through the door in Colorado right now.


During our winter, when we do actually get below freezing for short periods at a time, our bougainvillea appeared to have succumbed to the frost. (The green in the photo is the invasive asparagus fern that I can't seem to eradicate.) I took this photo in February



This is the same bougainvillea, photographed a few days ago, showing that spring is definitely coming to Claremont. 


* * *

Day 18 - Clutter Cleanse: A VHS entitled "Isaac Asimov Presents a Musical Video Voyage in Outer Space: Voyage to the Outer Planets and Beyond." This video shows images from JPL and NASA of the planets set to Gustav Holst's The Planets. I think I showed the video once to students years ago, and it was pretty slow going for them. I'm sure that if I want to play students any of this music, I can find a different way to introduce it. Donated.

No comments: